From Broadway to Pennridge High School: Cinderella the Musical

Tyler Snyder, Student Writer

Thursday, April 4th at 7:00 p.m.; Friday, April 5th at 7:00 p.m.; and Saturday, April 6th at 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pennridge High School is presenting the new Broadway adaptation of the classic musical, Cinderella. This will include the beloved songs, “In My Own Little Corner”, “Impossible”, and “Ten Minutes Ago.” The play also includes new, as well as old characters with surprising new twists to keep you on the edge of your seat. The story is about a young woman forced into servitude by her cruel stepmother and step sisters, while she dreams of a better life for herself. Thanks to her Fairy Godmother, Cinderella transforms into a princess and finds her prince. All ages are welcome to join in the audience for a great night of entertainment.

This year’s new Broadway adaptation of the classic musical Cinderella, is featuring some of the most talented actors and singers in Pennridge High School. Featuring; Emma Zimmerman as “Ella”; Corey Shipman as “Topher”; Clareigh Ellis as “Charlotte”; Ivy D’Agostino as “Gabrielle”; Bryce O’Connor as “Jean-Michel”; Megan Cordes as “Marie”; Meghan Brislin as “Madame”; James Maine as “Sebastian”; and Jimmy Mamrol and Eli Kenworthy as “Lord Pinkleton.”

Many of the cast and crew have enjoyed working with the teachers and staff to create this musical for your entertainment. When speaking with Maggie Sullivan, a Pennridge High School senior, she stated that her reason for being a part of the drama club is, “Getting to be the person I always looked up to watching in the audience. And now I want kids to watch our show and say, ‘that’s what I want to do.’” She also states;

“the music director Sam Brannon has helped me the most. I’ve known her since I was very little, and she always wants to see me improve and succeed.”

Emma Zimmerman, a student at Pennridge High School, says; “It is so different. This isn’t the Disney version; it is the Rodgers and Hammerstein version. Same basic plot, poor girl, rags to riches, glass slipper, fairy godmother, falls in love with the prince, but there’s so much more. It is really a complete story of all the characters that everyone knows and loves, and a few new ones that they do not!”

Reserved seating tickets are $15 and may be purchased through   https://starsofbuckscounty.tix.com beginning February 23, 2019 at 10 am.  General admission tickets, also $15, will be available at the door 30 minutes prior to curtain if a performance has not sold out in advance.  Check the High School website for dates of any lobby sales.  Questions may be addressed to:  [email protected]