Pennridge Celtic Fest

Hannah McManus, Student Writer

Photo provided by Pennridge Chamber of Commerce:
https://www.pennridge.com/

When it comes to festivals and community outings, Bucks County is not the place to be if you’re trying to shy away from them. On March 16, 2019, Pennridge Chamber of Commerce will be holding its 5th annual St. Patrick’s Parade and Celtic Fest.

St. Patrick’s Day is a celebration of Irish culture, particularly the remembrance of one of Ireland’s patron saints, St. Patrick. The parade and Celtic fest will be held at Poppa Joe’s Grove behind the Sellersville Fire Department. The parade will begin at 11 a.m. at Pennridge South Middle School on Fifth Street, and will proceed to East Church Street in Sellersville, ending at the Sellersville Fire House.  The festival will be held from noon to 4 p.m. This event is a combined effort between the Pennridge Chamber of Commerce and Sellersville Borough.

Somethings to expect at this year’s parade and Celtic Fest is two Irish dance groups making a total of 80 or more dancers, a kilt contest, sourdough bread contest, face painting, sand art, Celtic games, live Irish music, and of course Irish food vendors and beverages. “We will have the most Irish vendors we have ever had this year.” said Betty Graver of the Pennridge Chamber of Commerce. Kerry Duke, also known as Corvette Kerry, will be driving his 2001 Corvette convertible in the parade this year; he also participated in last year’s parade. Duke commented that  “it was a great event for the entire family!”

It’s a family event so it’s fun for all ages.  A lot of work goes into the event, and as soon as it ends, they start planning for the next year. So, gather all your green clothing and prepare for the festivities!