Secret Teacher Feature #2!

Miranda Hoch, Student Writer

Every student has their favorite teachers. Students take their year to get to know them, as the teachers try to get to know the students, but how well do you know your teacher outside of the classroom? Time to put your knowledge to the test in this month’s secret teacher competition!

This fun, relatable, and helpful teacher was just like a lot of students when he/she was in high school. “I didn’t have a specific clique. I hung out with my friends a lot, listened to way too much Dashboard Confessional, and was super competitive!” Dashboard Confessional is a rock band. This teacher’s first job was bagging groceries at Clemens, now known as Giant. When asked why he/she became a teacher, he/she said: “I wanted to make a meaningful impact on my students’ lives as many of my teachers had done for me.” This teacher now runs their classroom on the concept of communication and tells his/her students “I like conversation more than anything.  If you are willing to think and contribute, I will be happy.” If he/she wasn’t a teacher, he/she would want to be a midday sports talk radio host in the Philadelphia market or a backpacking tour guide. In fact, when asked where he/she would vacation if he/she could go anywhere, this teacher responded with “I’d love to go to New Zealand and backpack. Go to B&B’s across the country for a month during the summer.” However, sometimes this teacher’s outdoor adventures can get a little nerve-wracking. When asked what his/her craziest experience was, he/she told a story about how one day, while hiking with friends on the Teton Crest Trail in the snow, he/she could have died. The group strayed from the snow hidden path and found themselves on a cliff “It turned into me hanging onto a rope while scaling the final 7 feet or so of vertical rock. A slip would have meant a fall of at least 50 or more feet.”

When this teacher was little they enjoyed running around his/her grandparents’ farm with his/her cousins. As this teacher grew up, how he/she spends his/her free time shifted to spending time with his/her family, watching sports, and playing nerdy board games such as Agricola, Lords of Waterdeep, 7 Wonders, and Roll for the Galaxy. His/her cool secret talent is that he/she can do a headstand! However, he/she modestly describes his/her talent as “nothing spectacular”.

Quick Facts- Simple Favorites

Q: What is your favorite and least favorite season?

A: “Favorite: toss up between Fall and Summer. Least favorite: winter.”

Q: What is your favorite and least favorite genre of music?

A: “Favorite: I am pretty eclectic. I like alt, country, rock, R&B, classic. Least favorite: when the singer screams too much.”

Q: What is your favorite and least favorite Holiday?

A: “Favorite holiday: 4th of July. Least favorite: they’re holidays, so I can’t understand why I would dislike any of them.”

Q: What is your favorite and least favorite color?

A: “Favorite: Blue. Least favorite: Red.”

Q: What was your favorite and least favorite subject when you were in high school?

A: “Favorite subject: math. Least favorite: chemistry.”

Q: What is your favorite and least favorite sport?

A: “Favorite sport to play: soccer. To watch: football. Least favorite: golf.”

Think you know who the secret teacher is? Fill out the ballot https://goo.gl/forms/B0XRoKrQJS8fKCmi2. Each student has one guess and each entry will be time-stamped down to the second in order to make sure the first person who guesses correctly wins. The first person to identify the secret teacher correct will be given a 20 dollar Dunkin gift card delivered to their ninth period class! Good luck guessing!