New Cafe in Perkasie: Rise and Grind

Isabella Polson, Student Writer

In Perkasie’s small town, the Rise and Grind, a new cafe located on 7th St., opened only two months ago but is already doing very well. The modern cafe opened on Dec. 16 and many citizens both young and old visit for breakfast or lunch. Even before they opened, they received a huge amount of support with over 500 followers on Instagram and over one thousand followers on Facebook. Zoe Hollahan, a barista working at the cafe stated, “The community has been super supportive and all the people around have been really open and willing to help out.” Before the grand opening, they were open on Dec. 7 for the Perkasie Tree Lighting Ceremony. Even though this was the first time they were open to the public, they were overwhelmed with hundreds of customers. 

The cafe is open seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. They offer coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juice, and soda. The food is also very affordable with nothing on the menu over 10 dollars. There is a wide variety of meals from avocado toast for breakfast to grilled cheese for lunch. The cafe is located in a great spot in Perkasie with parking both in front and on the side of the cafe. There are more than enough spaces to accommodate a busy Saturday morning. 

The staff is friendly and always greets customers when they come in. The community has responded with as much support and good reviews as possible. Aly Coddington, a senior at Pennridge High School and a frequent visitor of the cafe said, “The Rise and Grind is such a cute local place. They have quality, but inexpensive food, and great service every time I go.” The Rise and Grind is a great place to study, eat and socialize, and most importantly, connect with the Perkasie community.