Behind the Scenes of Nourish Kitchen & Catering:

Perkasie’s newest small-town cafe!

Julianna Casey, Student Writer

When you walk into Nourish Kitchen and Catering, you are met with clean, crisp decor, a full case full of healthy food options, a friendly staff, and the lovely smell of the never-ending cooking they do in the kitchen. Nourish Kitchen & Catering is a new business here in Perkasie that does catering as well as family meals and healthy foods. They sell soups, chicken salad, bento boxes, baked goods, and other salads and snacks. It is owned by 2 local women, Christine Hawkins and Alicia Demarco. 

The business is built on the basis of eating healthy without the hassle. Every Thursday, a post is put out on Facebook offering 3 meal options. You simply choose which meal you want, the size, and the quantity and the ladies at Nourish will have your meal made and packaged by the following Tuesday. Everything is fresh and homemade just for you and your family. All you have to do is pop your fresh meal in the oven & follow the instructions on the lid of the pan, and you have a homemade dinner just like that! They also do custom catering orders for any size event! You name it, they’ll make it! They do anything from sandwiches to quiche. Perhaps the most enticing thing they make is their grazing boards. They are filled with fruits, vegetables, meats, and cheeses. They are perfect to bring to your next family event. But, there is much more to this business than the pretty presentations.

Behind the kitchen doors, Christine and Alicia work tirelessly to make sure that their orders

come out on time and that their front case is always stocked. They put their heart and soul into this business, most weeks they work sixty hours! Being on your feet for sometimes 12 hours at a time can be extremely tiring but “this isn’t something I consider working. I love this job and I love coming here to cook for local families.”, Alicia says. About a year ago, they officially started the process of building this business. They each had their own catering business previously but then decided to come together and create their own storefront. When asked what the business means to her, Christine said “Nourish means everything to me! We started it from nothing, and I am so proud of myself and Alicia for all that we have accomplished in this past year. I have big hopes for the future!” 

Nourish is a fantastic small town cafe that anyone can enjoy! Kelly, a frequent customer says “They went above and beyond our expectations making a beautiful grazing platter! The food was fresh and the presentation was outstanding”. Consider stopping in by Nourish, you will not be disappointed!