How to Travel Los Angeles the Right Way

Ashley Kassa, Student Writer

It comes as no surprise to those who have already visited Los Angeles, that the city brought in a staggering 50 million visitors in 2018 alone. Isabella Poole, an 18-year-old, who visited the vibrant city said, “It doesn’t shock me. Los Angeles is a place full of life and the place to be right now”. Since it’s so full of life, there are many experiences waiting to be had, from the golden beaches to the towering skyscrapers. Here are 10 tips on how to travel LA the right way.

1. First of all, you will need money, clothing, a form of identification, bathing suits, a place to stay, a car rental, and plane tickets. 
  2. Then you will need to fly into the Los Angeles International Airport, once you purchase your tickets. 
  3. Book a hotel in Santa Monica. Santa Monica is between Malibu and West Hollywood, two places you will be exploring. Be sure to spend at least a day checking out the Santa Monica Pier, beach, and stores, as well as the restaurants that Downtown Santa Monica has to offer. 
  4. Split and plan your days in half. Since the California sunshine normally doesn’t come out until the afternoon, spend your morning’s sightseeing and your afternoons relaxing on the beach while the sun’s out. 
  5. Visit the University of Los Angeles and Pepperdine. These are both prestigious schools with beautiful campuses that are worth visiting. 
  6. Spend a morning hiking Runyon Canyon Park. Not only is this a known celebrity hangout, but it also has an outstanding view of the Los Angeles skyline. 
  7. Sightsee Hollywood. This includes Sunset Boulevard, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and possibly a Hollywood Star Tour if you’re willing to spend some extra cash. StarLine Tours is a popular tour company and is worth looking into. 
  8. Go see Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive. Although it’s expensive, you can walk the strip and see where many movies were filmed.
  9. Malibu Beach is a must-see. Along the coast of Malibu, there are hidden secluded beaches, such as Lechuza Beach. Malibu is a sight like no other.
  10. See if there are any movies premiering in Hollywood during the time that you’re in Los Angeles. Most red carpet premieres allow fans to watch and meet celebrities. 

These tips will help you have a fulfilling trip to Los Angeles. Don’t forget to take pictures to help you remember the beautiful sights!