Where to Get the Biggest Bang for Your Buck: Pennridge Cafes

Aubrey Piacine, Student Writer

Judy, a friendly server from A&N Diner

The Pennridge area is surrounded by numerous breakfast cafes, including Cafe at the Mill, Stella’s, A&N, Dam Good Cafe, and the list goes on. All of which are known and loved by the community. No matter where you are in the area, a cafe is not more than a few miles away. Deciding which one to go to sometimes feels like an impossible decision with all of the delicious options. We are going to help you pick which one of these restaurants you should go to on your next breakfast craving. Our top three places to get a bite to eat are the following…

Stella’s:

Located on Main Street in Sellersville, Stella’s provides a homey feel. The inside of the restaurant is decorated and painted with warm colors, creating a comfortable environment. Out of the three cafes, this is by far the newest. Let’s start with some pros. Stella’s has a delicious, and lengthy menu. They also have an extensive coffee menu.  With this being said, you cannot really go wrong with your order from here. Jocie Horan, student in Pennridge School District says, “My favorite place to go out to breakfast would be Stella’s. I do not typically go out, but when I do, I love getting the french toast.” With all positives, however, come negatives. Stella’s is the priciest out of all of the restaurants. Their location also proves to have the smallest spacing size out of the three, and with a small waiting staff, this can create a longer wait time. 

A & N:

Also located on Main Street in Sellersville, A & N is a top competitor of Stella’s Cafe. A noticeable difference is the environment of the restaurant. If you are looking for a typical diner feel, this is the place. It is the longest open restaurant out of the three. Not only in years, but also hours. They are open until 9 P.M. with both breakfast and dinner options available. If you are tight on money or do not want to spend a lot when you go out, this is the cheapest option out of the three. According to the owner of A & N, when asked what sets them apart from the others, she says “Our wait staff really sets us apart. They are extremely personable and friendly.”

C & C:

Lastly, we have C&C cafe, located on Market Street in Perkasie. Like all of the others, the environment is entirely different. This cafe has the most community feel; it is a small cafe built under apartments, with plenty of seating. In the spring and summer months, outside seating is available, contributing to the small-town feel. One enticing feature of C&C, is that they are a nut free cafe completely. This could be taken as a positive or negative depending on your preference. Austin Swartley, a student at Pennridge says, “I like the idea of a completely nut free cafe. It is really helpful to people who have allergies because they don’t have to worry about cross contamination when their food is being made.”  Comparing the prices, they are in between A & N and Stella’s. When looking at portion size, they by far have the largest potions out of all of them. The one negative is that it is smaller and has a limited waitstaff, making it harder to be seated in this restaurant. 

Overall looking at all of the restaurants, we believe that C&C is where you will get the biggest bang for your buck. When competing with the other two restaurants, you will get a larger portion for a smaller price than you would at Stella’s and, in comparison to A&N, you will get a higher quality meal. Although we chose C&C as the best local breakfast spot, both Stella’s and A&N are fantastic choices as well.