Keeping Busy

Lindsay Gordon, Student Writer

While the coronavirus is happening, many students remain off school for a few weeks or until next semester. This can be extremely difficult for many people. For me, when I am not getting my work done, I am finding ways to occupy my time. This can be hard because there is only so much a person can do in a month, but I can proudly say, I have found many forms of entertainment. My favorite way to occupy my time is by playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I am a huge Animal Crossing fan, so when the game was released, I had to download it online. I love this game. From the new storyline of starting on a deserted island and turning it into a beautiful place to live, to the new animals, to completing new missions, this is how I have spent most of my time. On March 26, 2020, I am currently having new animal residents moving in, and waiting to upgrade to a town hall. I even get to play this game with friends, and it is a great way to stay social while being at home.

Another thing I do is Facetime my friends. In the time of social distancing, I am glad to say we have many video-chatting sources to see our friends and families. I get to talk to my friends every few days, and it brightens up my mood because I am so happy to see them. Some of my teachers have set up Zoom, an online chat where we discuss the rest of the year, and we get to keep updated on each other’s lives. I miss seeing my friends, but with these resources, I am happy that I can communicate with them one way or another. When I am not playing a game or chatting, I enjoy watching movies and watching Youtube. Amazon is letting many Disney fans rent Disney-Pixar’s, Onward because many are not able to see the movie in theaters. That is what I plan to watch next because this was a movie that I was looking forward to seeing. I also have enjoyed watching Master Chef or many shows from Gordon Ramsey.

Overall, quarantine is not my favorite thing to do at the moment, but I am finding ways to have fun, and I am very grateful for modern technology, and the ability to chat with my teachers and friends. While we must stay inside right now and be safe, I hope we can all return to school to see each other again and finish the rest of our year. My biggest hope for this year is to walk at graduation and receive my diploma, and I hope this dream can come true.