The Record Breaking Series: The Mandalorian

Sarah Trotter, Student Writer

The stories of Jango, patient zero for the clones of the republic, and Boba Fett, the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy, another warrior, emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the adventures of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. 

Beginning five years after the events of Return of the Jedi (1983) and the Fall of the Galactic Empire, The Mandalorian follows Din Djarin, a lone Mandalorian bounty hunter in the outer reaches of the galaxy. 

The show The Mandalorian seems to be record breaking with a 93% on a popular review website, “Rotten Tomatoes.” With 2 seasons, and 16 episodes so far, the show keeps their viewers on the edge of seat by inviting original characters into the new and fresh setting of The Mandalorian.  The special effects and CGI used in the show makes the characters look incredibly real and creates a seamless transition between the characters used in the first films and the characters today. Interestingly, The Mandalorian quickly grew in views and ratings compared to previous spin-offs of the original Star Wars series. This leaves viewers and Star Wars fans wondering what made this series different from before. In an interview with Mrs. Godshall, a Star Wars enthusiast, she believes that this series is an easily digestible show for a more general audience, compared to the sequel trilogy which is longer drawed out and a bit more difficult to digest.The director of the show, Jon Farevu, did an exceptional job at sending the viewers back into time when they first saw the original movies. In an Interview with Brett Fawkes, a Star Wars enthusiast, he said Jon did a better job with the Mandalorian that J.J. Abrams, the original writer of the spin-off Trilogy. Brett said Favrou is the bigger of a nerd and he knows what he’s talking about.” The character Grogu, better known as “Baby Yoda” seems to boost views of the show due to the media sensation, and “memes” made of the character. Interestingly enough, Grogu is not technically related to Yoda, but another character in the same species. 

The record breaking series will continue to shock viewers and keep them waiting for more and more episodes to come.