Jonas Brothers Tour?

Casie Csondor, Staff Writer

Recently the Jonas Brother have reunited after their 2013 breakup which was devastating to many. They dropped a song called, Sucker, which already has 30 million audio listens, 16 million video streams, and 88,000 digital sales. This song was also number 1 on Billboard Hot 100. Did I mention that this was their first No. 1 ever? The video included Nick’s wife, Priyanka Chopra, Kevin’s wife, Danielle Jonas, and Joe’s fiancée, Sophie Turner. This fueled a lot of power for the music video and also visual aid to the music video which supported the lyrics. Also, this is the first band in 20 years to make it to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100!  The song was previewed on James Corden’s “The Late Late Show” through his viral “Carpool Karaoke” segment and fans of the Jonas Brothers are ecstatic. The Jonas Brothers admitted to having up to 40 unreleased songs. Fans are speculating a tour.

There has been no solid confirmation of a tour though. But it has been observed that the Jonas Brothers have been dropping hints towards the subject. Fans have been paying close attention to what the Jonas Brothers have said in recent interviews. Fans are saying that it seems that the Jonas Brothers are purposely playing coy. During an interview with PopBuzz Meets, the host read off a few tweets from fans about the reunion. One tweet read “I would sell my first-born for some Jonas Brothers reunion tickets.” In response, Nick joked “Listen, as good as the show will be … it’s your kid.” This points at a tour without outright saying that they are going on tour. In an interview on the Elvis Duran and the Morning Show, Kevin Jonas drops hints. He talks about “bringing them [his family] along.” Kevin, of course, is referencing his wife and two young daughters. This implies that he is talking about touring. Again it has not yet been confirmed though.

The Jonas Brothers have been commended for being able to mix what they sounded like in the early 2000s with mixing their rock boy band sound with the modern-day pop. They were a part of a lot of people’s most influential years of their childhood or teenage-years, so this is firing people up to be able to relive these moments. Student, Cara Hess, said, “It reminds me of when I was younger and would jam out to Camp Rock and Disney with my friends.  I think everyone has had that experience and remember as a prominent point in childhood!”

Fans are also looking forward to an upcoming documentary that details the brother’s lives. The documentary has been in the works for quite some time and the Jonas Brothers are excited about its release. The documentary is one of the things that convinced them to reunite as a band. Originally the documentary was just going to talk about the Jonas Brothers upbringing in the public eye and the ups and downs, but it turned into something more than that. There is no word yet on when the documentary will air but fans are speculating that it will drop around the same time they would announce a tour or drop an album to help ticket sales or album sales.