Iphone XR: Is It Worth Buying?

Kayla Achibascio, Student Writer

Towards the end of the year in 2018, Apple introduced the iPhone XR, which came along with many new features and a lower price for all phone users. The iPhone XR was also sold alongside the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. The iPhone XR was the lowest-priced iPhone out of all the X’s and started at $749. This phone had the lowest price because Apple compromised some of the features, which made it different from the other iPhone X’s. Recently, the price of this phone has reached a very low price, starting at $499. The price has lowered because it has now been selling for about two years.

Some other features the iPhone XR have proved that it is still worth buying for a lower price than it’s being sold for. For example, the body of this phone is smaller than the rest of the iPhones X’s, but it is enclosed in the glass just like the rest. The glass gives the phone a very expensive and sleek look, while the prices still stay low.

The iPhone XR was built with a liquid retina display screen, which was new at the time it was first introduced. For any phone users that don’t know, a liquid retina display is a screen that does not show individual pixels, even if you look at it with a microscope. The frame of this phone is a 7000 series aerospace-grade aluminum frame, which is known to be very strong and durable. Another feature of this phone is water resistance, which has been seen in past phones. The water resistance feature only works for small splashes or quick spills. One of the most noticeable and popular features that all the users like is the swipe navigation, instead of a home button. Cassidy White, another user of the iPhone XR, mentioned, “The swipe navigation is a lot faster and makes it easier to move between apps”. Many iPhone users have adapted to the swipe navigation and ended up liking it more than the home button on older phones.

Along with many people, I believe the iPhone XR is definitely still worth buying, especially since the price was lowered through the years. The iPhone XR does have many of the same features that newer iPhones have today and is still seen to be working at a faster rate. Older phones have been seen to slow down, but this is one of the phones that still keeps up with newer versions. The iPhone XR is a very reliable phone and with a starting price of $499, it is still worth buying today.