Pennridge 2021 Graduation

This year has undoubtedly been chaotic, eventful, and strange, but despite all challenges, Pennridge is going to be able to give the Class of 2021 one graduation where all the students who have grown up together will get to spend their last day as high school students with one another. Each student will get to walk across that stage and collect their diploma with the support of their fellow students, friends, family, and faculty, who all are ecstatic to see them start a brand new chapter in their lives.

I spoke to Mr. Hegen earlier this week about the updates released on this year’s graduation and I was able to get some more detailed insight. “Dr. Bolton, Dr. Cashman, Dr. Scheid, and I all worked together with the Pennridge Student Exec Council to organize this year’s graduation,” says Mr. Hegen, an assistant principal at Pennridge High School. It will take place June 15th at 10 o’clock on Helman Field. Students will be seated on the turf facing the stage and all spectators will be seated in the stands. Each student receives four tickets for additional guests and two parking spots. The rain date for this event is June 16th at 10 o’clock. Students will be provided with custom 2021 masks, generously provided by Dr. Bolton. There will also be professional photographers capturing the precious moments that this year’s seniors will be able to look back on for years to come.

Pennridge is going to be able to give the Class of 2021 one graduation

— Maddie Gerth

Mr. Hegen and I also spoke a lot about what COVID-19 precautions are going to be implemented at this year’s graduation and he mentioned much of the following. Pennridge deeply cares about the health and safety of its students, staff, and families. So, at this year’s graduation Pennridge will be doing everything that they can to keep everyone safe and comfortable during this special event. Masks will be required to attend, as well as carrying out social distancing measures as recommended by the state. Students will be seated six feet apart from one another on the turf, where only during that time will students be allowed to remove their masks because everyone is outside and properly socially distanced. Spectators will be seated in their four-person bubbles on the bleachers and must wear masks at all times during this event. On April 4th, the Pennsylvania state guidelines were changed which then allowed for 50 percent capacity in all outdoor arenas, and because of this change, Pennridge is now able to use our home field for graduation this year, all while staying within state guidelines.

Some other great news is that a majority of the high school teachers will be involved during this memorable day. I am sure that the Class of 2021 is thrilled about this as a lot of these students have created strong bonds with their teachers throughout their high school career. For those role models to be included in everyone’s special day is just some more positive news that we needed during this unique year. Some will be taking tickets, setting up, helping out, and even sitting at the ends of the student rows in their cap and gowns during the ceremony.

All the planning and dedication that was put into making this year’s graduation feel as put together and normal as possible is commendable and appreciated by the entire Class of 2021. I hope that you all can attend this event, but if not, don’t worry because graduation will be streamed on ‘Pennridge TV’ on Youtube for all to view. Be sure to congratulate this year’s graduating Class of 2021 on their immense successes as high school students and their bright futures ahead of them.

The Penndulum • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

Any comment containing hate speech, terroristic threats, or vulgar language will be deleted from this post. Please comment appropriately.
All The Penndulum Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *