Pictured+above+is+an+overview+of+a+successful+Mini-THON+from+2016+at+Pennridge+High+School.+

Pictured above is an overview of a successful Mini-THON from 2016 at Pennridge High School.

Register for Mini-THON: You Won’t Regret It!

Over 294 schools and 90,000 students participate in Mini-THON to support children battling pediatric cancer. This fundraising club is modeled after Penn State’s THON, where students dance for 46 hours to raise money towards Four Diamonds to help families in need. During the 2019-2020 school year; elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, and colleges raised more than $5.7 million towards this cause. After Pennridge High School’s canceled event last year due to Covid-19, the club is eager to provide students with a Mini-THON they will never forget on Saturday, May 22, 2021. The event will run 4:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. outdoors at Pennridge High School’s Hellman Stadium. The first thing students must do to attend this 80s themed day filled with fun activities is to register!

The steps to register for this year’s event include the following:

• Pick up a registration form at room 312 or 117 or submit an online form to register
  • Return your signed waiver with the $30 registration fee by April 30th
    • This will cover the entrance, a grade level t-shirt, entertainment, & food
  • Create a DonorDrive account using this link: rebrand.ly/minithon
    • Click “register now”
    • Log in or create an account
    • Set a fundraising goal of at least $35
    • Fill out your personal information and confirm registration
    • Make a personal bio to share your story or your purpose for why you stand for the kids and be sure to remind the viewers of your fundraising goal!
  • Earn incentives based on money raised
    • If you raise $50+, you will win five raffle tickets
    • If you raise $100, you will win 10 raffle tickets & a wristband
    • If you raise $150+, you will win 15 raffle tickets, a wristband, & a rave bag
  • Share your DonorDrive link on social media as much as possible
    • Reach out to any family, friends, teachers, etc., to help you reach your goal
  • Thank everyone for supporting you and donating to the cause
    • Send an email, write a letter, or thank them in person

These simple steps will allow you to experience an amazing day filled with games, friends, and the experience of working together as a community to take a stand against childhood cancer. Ella Molyneux, an overall chair of Pennridge Mini-THON, believes that, “This year more than ever kids need our help, and with the virus, a lot of families took more time away from work to limit contact with others. The more money we can raise, the more families we can help. We also haven’t had a whole school event yet this year, which makes it that much more exciting.” Olivia Padfield, a senior, elaborated on her experience registering and she said, “I registered and it was super easy, I’ve used Donor Drive before and the process is fast!” Molyneux also explained the opportunity to get out of your comfort zone while fundraising in a way that will support a great cause, she stated, “Don’t be afraid to ask! Share your goal with friends and family, the worst that can happen is someone will say no.”

The Penndulum • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

Any comment containing hate speech, terroristic threats, or vulgar language will be deleted from this post. Please comment appropriately.
All The Penndulum Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *