Pennridge Women’s Lacrosse

Anna Bartron, Student Writer

Throughout this entire COVID-19 experience, it has become clear how plans can be up in the air. There is constant uncertainty regarding what is going to happen in schools, work places, and companies. Here at Pennridge High School, we have tried to make getting through this year easy and normal. A major way in doing that is through sports.

Sports teams at Pennridge are seemingly trying to get by. The Pennridge women’s lacrosse team has been put into action already this season. With eager game faces, these girls are out to do their very best and play their hearts out.  We Reached out to the girls’ coach, Mrs. Feher with numerous questions about the upcoming season. In response to COVID and all these mix ups the past year she said, “ play like you only get one game.” She tells her girls this motto consistently due to the fact that last year’s season they only got one game in and had to call it quits. Excited to get back out onto the field, the girls have been practicing non-stop since July. The shutdown had only seemed to make these girls more determined to work harder. 

The girls’ last “normal” season was played in the spring of 2019. Looking back at the rankings of that season, the girls had a 2-9 game score. Following up with a 0-3 score for in-conference games. Nationally ranking 1494 and held 94th place in PA. The team is determined to do even better for this upcoming season! The girls have been trying to turn to the brighter side of this entire pandemic while playing the sport that they love. With enough hard work and encouragement, the team’s goals are an arm’s reach away. 

After speaking with some of the players on the team, we received insight on their views on the upcoming season. We asked Senior captain Emily Padva for her favorite part about the team and she responded with, “My favorite part about the team is how close we all are. Everyone is friends and it’s very easy to talk to each other in and out of practice.” 

Fellow senior captain Aubrey Maher claims that “lacrosse has been in my family for as long as I can remember. I grew up playing with my older siblings and started at deep run when I was in 5th grade.” Being a part of this family has kept her playing the sport that she loves.  

During these challenging times, the girls’ positive mindset is going to continue to take them further and further as they take on their season.