Get to know a Staff Member!- Mrs. Roth

Many students walk through the halls of Pennridge for four years, seeing staff and friendly faces, but have no idea who these people are. One of the most common places to end up a lot, but not really know the people, is the main office of Pennridge High School. While you may get to know your teachers well throughout the year, you don’t get the chance to speak with other staff as much. All of the office staff who work hard and care about the students should be known too.

Mrs. Roth- the Senior class secretary.

Mrs. Roth is the senior class secretary for Mr. Hegen. She has worked for Pennridge for 17 years now, nine of them being with Mr. Hegen. You have probably seen her when you stop by the office to pick up something you’ve forgotten, or to get a work permit, but who is she? When it comes to her job, a normal day for Mrs. Roth can consist of a lot of different things. A large portion of her job is making sure all the teachers who are out have coverage, especially this year with Covid. She answers lots of questions for staff and parents throughout the day. She is especially busy this time of year, working to prepare for big senior events, such as prom and graduation. Our afternoon receptionist, Mrs. Worthington, said “She’s the go to person in the office and is very knowledgeable,” also sharing that when she first got her job Mrs. Roth was incredibly welcoming and friendly. She helps keep the office running and says one of her favorite parts of her job is her coworkers and the friendships she gets to have with them. Aside from her work each day Mrs. Roth mentioned another one of her goals saying “I try to think how can I make someone’s day better?” In her free time over the Covid break she went hiking almost every Saturday all over Pennsylvania and occasionally New Jersey. She also shared that she is a mom to three kids, who all attended Pennridge themselves. They now live all around the country, and one of her favorite things is to travel and visit them. 

Anytime you stop through the offices or see someone in the hallways you might not know, say hi and give them a smile, the entire Pennridge staff loves our students!