How to Make the Most of Your Winter Break

Snowman+Decoration

Jessica Remphrey

Snowman Decoration

Winter break can be fun; however, it is hard to find things to do in order to fill all of the time, even with all of the hustle of the holidays. Christmas time is one of the best times of the year. On Christmas day, you can have a lot of fun with family and friends. Theresa Rizzo, a student at Pennridge High School, says, “I like presents and spending time with my family.” You can spend a lot of the break staying in that Christmas spirit by doing seasonal activities. According to a survey filled out by many Pennridge students, a lot of people like to get in the holiday spirit by watching Christmas movies, spending time with family, looking at Christmas decorations, baking Christmas cookies, drinking hot chocolate, listening to Christmas music, and giving presents.

There are many good Christmas movies one can enjoy to get in the holiday spirit. These could be Christmas classics, like Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman, or they could be any new Christmas movies coming out that year. Ava Oliphant, another student at Pennridge High School, stated, “my favorite Christmas movie is The Grinch.” The best part about this is that you can also enjoy these with friends and family! It is a great way to make memories and spend time with those you care about.

Another way to get into the spirit of giving is to volunteer your time or any old clothes or toys you do not need anymore. There are many opportunities to volunteer around the holidays, and this is the time of the year when toys and clothing donations are most needed. It feels great to get into the spirit of giving by giving your time and things you no longer need in order to help others.

Not only is the holiday break for celebrating Christmas and other seasonal holidays, but it is also for celebrating the beginning of winter. If the weather allows, you can go out in the snow and play with siblings or friends. This could consist of snowball fights, making snow angels, and making snowmen. Even if the weather does not allow it, you can enjoy the cold and afterward warm up with a blanket and cocoa.

The stress from school can really build up over time, leading you to feel sad and tired. You can use your spare time to destress from school and catch up on sleep which is much needed. Most teachers do not assign any schoolwork over break, so it is a great time to just forget about everything and not have the worries and stress of school. Without all the stress and work, you can have a lot of time to focus on your sleep. More sleep is always needed with the stress of school, and a break is a great time to focus on getting the sleep you need.

This is also a great time to pick up a new hobby that can be both fun and enjoyable. With all the free time you have, you can search the internet and ask friends and relatives for new ideas of things to start doing. This is a great time to experiment and find something fun to possibly continue to do even after the break has ended.

Overall, the break is what you make of it. Some people like to keep busy, while some people just like to relax and destress. No matter what you like to do, what is important is that you spend the break how you want to, and you have no regrets about how you spent your break afterward. There is no right or wrong way to spend your break!

https://www.livingwellspendingless.com/15-things-to-do-with-your-kids-over-christmas-break/

https://christmas.lovetoknow.com/Christmas_Break

https://bucketlistjourney.net/christmas-bucket-list-things-to-do-this-holiday-season/