The Penndulum

The Student News Site of Pennridge High School

Breaking News
  • April 18Check out The Daily Ramble linked below for important information on our RAMS Block trial next week!

The Penndulum

The Penndulum

The Best Water Bottles

Water bottles come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but it can be overwhelming to decide which water bottle is the best for a person’s specific wants and needs. Based on a survey of over 40 students and staff at Pennridge High School, it is clear that the majority of students and staff use water bottles at school every day; however, there is no agreed-upon favorite. After extensive research, there is some guidance for deciding which water bottle is best based on what characteristics are important to the person. The same survey concluded that the characteristics of insulation, durability, having a straw, non-spill, and price are the most valued in water bottles.

Insulation

YETI Rambler 18 oz Bottle, in cosmic lilac

As stated before, insulation is one of the most valued characteristics of water bottles. After reading numerous reviews and blogs, it is clear that the YETI Rambler is the best choice for an insulated water bottle, followed closely by the Hydro Flask. With 21,884 global ratings on Amazon, it has received 4.8/5 stars, with many of the reviews mentioning how long it keeps the liquids inside hot or cold. Grace Rosica, a former student at Pennridge High School, owns a YETI Rambler. She is loyal to the YETI brand because of the insulation. She says, “I’ve used a YETI water bottle for the past three years after being given one as a gift. The insulation in the water bottle has kept my water cold for hours, even without ice. When I do have ice in my YETI, it keeps my drink very cold, and the ice is still frozen for several hours at a time! I would highly suggest a Yeti as your next water bottle of choice for the insulation alone.” If you are looking for a water bottle that will be able to keep your drinks hot or cold for long periods of time, the YETI Rambler might be the water bottle for you.

https://www.amazon.com/YETI-Rambler-Insulated-Stainless-Charcoal/dp/B0B64CVGZP?tag=allrecipes-onsite-prod-

20&ascsubtag=8406566%7Cndcf8728d5082423bb1cf4a12f848544f15%7C%7C1703952078976%7C&th=1

Durability

In addition to insulation, the students and staff also valued durability. Numerous sources again point to the YETI Rambler Vacuum Bottle. The Inertia Contributing Editor, Rebecca Parsons, uses phrases like “incredibly durable” and “heavy-duty handle.” This specific water bottle has 7,023 reviews and has received 4.6 stars, and many comments applaud its durability.

https://www.rei.com/product/177273/yeti-rambler-vacuum-bottle-with-chug-cap-36-fl-oz?cm_mmc=aff_AL-_-5889-_-328605-_-NA&avad=328605_a3623765d

The Owala FreeSip water bottle in retro boardwalk

Includes a Straw

Many water bottles include straws; however, one stands out above the others. The Owala FreeSip is very unique. It has a patented FreeSip spout that allows for either sipping through the built-in straw or tilting back to drink from a spout opening. And, unlike most straws that are always out in the open, the Owala straw has a protective push-to-open lid to keep the spout clean. Sophie Craig, a student at Pennridge High School and Owala FreeSip owner, says, “I think that having both options, the sipper and chugger, is the coolest thing ever. It’s very accessible and easy to use both. 95% of the time, I use the sipper.” She also enjoys the push-to-open lid because “it doesn’t collect as much bacteria that way.” The Owala has increasing popularity, and it is very clear why.

https://www.amazon.com/Owala-Insulated-Stainless-Steel-Push-Button-32-Ounce/dp/B0B6DGBH1H?tag=wgtrx9328-20&asc_refurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wellandgood.com%2Fbest-water-bottles-with-straws%2F&asc_source=direct&asc_campaign=no-campaign&th=1

Non-spill

Although many water bottles claim to be leakproof, one that impresses is the Hydro Flask Stainless Steel Standard Mouth Water Bottle with Flex Cap. The New York Times says, “It was completely leakproof in our tests.” In 30,386 reviews on Amazon, it received 4.8/5 stars. Many of the reviews agree that the Flex Cap is completely leakproof when closed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KXHIWL8/?tag=thewire06-20&linkCode=xm2&ascsubtag=AwEAAAAAAAAAAkbN&th=1

Best Pricing

ThermoFlask 17OZ TRAVEL MUG TWO PACK

There are many quality water bottles out there, but it can be a struggle to find a quality water bottle that isn’t overly expensive. One of the few options for quality, inexpensive water bottles is from ThermoFlask. They sell a set of two 17-ounce bottles with the same double-wall insulating technology as a Hydro Flask for $30. ThermoFlask water bottles are made of stainless steel and also have a very convenient Fliplock lid. It has received 4.1/5 stars after 53 reviews. Many of the customers rave about the quality for the price!

https://mythermoflask.com/products/thermoflask-17oz-stainless-steel-insulated-travel-mug-with-fliplock-lid-2-pack?avad=55097_f36236241&utm_source=avantlink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=55097

Overall, there are many, many different types and brands of water bottles, but it is clear that certain water bottles are better suited for certain needs. Before investing in a water bottle, it is important to assess what characteristics are important to you and which water bottles can provide that. After this research, there is more guidance in selecting a water bottle that is the perfect fit for you.