The Penndulum

The Student News Site of Pennridge High School

Breaking News
  • April 18Check out The Daily Ramble linked below for important information on our RAMS Block trial next week!

The Penndulum

The Penndulum

Dublin’s Up-and-Coming: The Square and The Station

Keira Horensky
The Station in Dublin.

Through years of renovations and restorations, the Dublin Town Center has created a revived, thriving community at The Square and The Station. The Square is a collection of shops focused on boutiques and shopping needs, while The Station is solely food-focused. These hubs create a warm space for the community to gather with friends and family. It is filled with locally sourced foods, beverages, clothing, and other products of small business owners.

The Square opened its doors in 2020, filling its shops with small businesses owned by town members. The shops include Makers Vintage and Homemade, Pineapple on Main, Wildflower Valley, Wheat & Vine Provisions Co., Farm to Toast, Manes on Main, and The Boiler Room. There are boutiques and places to stop and grab a bite to eat if you get hungry while shopping. Lindsey Campione has worked at Makers for two and a half years. She enjoys the “cute shop and laid-back job” while going through her high school career. Makers sells an assortment of jewelry, decorations, and other trinkets, making the shop a must-stop for the perfect gift. The Square also includes the the Health and Wellness section section with a karate studio, hair salon, massage therapy, and yoga. The Square has allowed Dublin community members to stay close to home and complete any last-minute shopping or self-care essentials.

The Station, the newer of the two, opened in October of 2021. What used to be a garage/gas station in the 1930s has been reintroduced as a new food hub in the center of Dublin. The Station presents its customers with various food options that anyone will enjoy. Itri Wood Fired Pizza and Bar, Taqueria Tlaxcali, Nina’s Waffles, Manhattan Bagel, and Little Devils are the vendors inside The Station. The Station has indoor and outdoor seating. Outside are firepits and lawn games to enjoy throughout the warm weather. The Station opens its doors at 6 a.m. daily, catering to the morning commuters, and remains open until 9 or 10 p.m. most nights. One of the first places to open in the morning is the Manhattan Bagel. Hannah Capo began working at Manhattan Bagel soon after they initially opened at The Station. Capo is able to “work with friends” and said she is “serving mostly Dublin locals that I recognize.” The Station has contributed to the hometown feeling that The Dublin Town Center has been aiming to create.

The Dublin community takes pride in their town, creating an environment for everyone to gather while maintaining the history and integrity of the historic buildings they have been able to re-establish. So, the next time you pass through Dublin, add The Square and The Station to your itinerary!