A Shift in Leadership Introduces Pennridge High School to a New Influential Figure

Meet Dr. Alyssa Walloff

Dr. Walloff in her office

Zoe Boone

Dr. Walloff in her office

In wake of the retirement of Nick Schoonover, a longstanding Pennridge staff member, Dr. Alyssa Wallof, a newly joined assistant principal comes in to carry on his legacy. This past February when Schoonover honorably retired from assistant principal, Dr. Wallof took on the responsibility of the position with qualified experience and accreditation. With her involvement in the Central Bucks School District’s academic programs and previous qualifications, Dr. Walloff has the credentials to uphold the assistant principal position. Apart from her involvement in education, she is a mother, friend, and advocate for finding the cure to cancer. Her introduction into Pennridge gives the possibility of influential change and a continuation of foundational practices.

Dr. Walloff’s outstanding credentials are further proved through her educational accomplishments. Familiar with the Pennsylvania region, she obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Secondary Education and Teaching from Bloomsburg University and furthered with a Masters in Elementary Education and Teaching from Holy Family University. Advancing her education even further, she received a Masters in Educational Administration and Supervision from Gwynedd Mercy University and a Doctorate in Education School System Leadership from Widener University. With these educational endeavors, she gained work experience from her involvement in Delaware Valley University and Central Bucks School District. With her sophistication, knowledge and understanding of the school system, Pennridge High School seems to have a promising future.

With a change in leadership, some question how this will influence the school’s agenda, policies, and future. However, Dr. Walloff has an approach that will uphold the school’s previously appreciated qualities. She goes on and says, “I think it’s really important to listen and learn before taking action.” Her priority and what she looks most forward to as of now is getting to know teachers, students, and Pennridge community members alike. Dr. Cashman further credits Dr. Walloff’s introduction, saying “She exudes confidence.” His opinion on what qualities a principal should possess are working with students, parents, and kids and as aforementioned, her priorities lie within the same realm. Students are still being introduced to Pennridge’s new assistant principal, but Dr. Walloff plans to use her experience and knowledge to bring a promising future for the Pennridge community.