The Penndulum

The Student News Site of Pennridge High School

Breaking News
  • April 18Check out The Daily Ramble linked below for important information on our RAMS Block trial next week!

The Penndulum

The Penndulum

‘Tis the Season: Dairy Queen’s New Blizzards

Mike Mozart
Dairy Queen Ice Cream Grill and Chill Sign.

Diary Queen is a prevalent fast food and ice cream parlor with approximately 7,000 locations worldwide and 4,455 US locations. Dairy Queen was founded on June 22, 1940, in Joliet, Illinois, by John Fremont McCullough. Among Dairy Queen’s well-known dessert menu, their blizzards are one of their most popular items. Dairy Queen blizzards are soft-serve treats with a mixed assortment of toppings. Each season, Dairy Queen releases new blizzards. This season’s flavors are Brownie Batter, Cotton Candy, Frosted Animal Cookie, Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Party, Picnic Peach Cobbler, and Ultimate Cookie. Each new flavor has Dairy Queen’s world-famous soft serve, but toppings vary. Brownie Batter has chewy brownie batter, while Cotton Candy prepares you for summer fun with melt-in-your-mouth sprinkles and a sweet taste. The Picnic Peach Cobbler is perfect for someone who enjoys fruit with frozen treats. This flavor has pieces of buttery cobbler and peach topping.

Seasonal blizzards bring in a large number of customers. Molly Bross, a Dairy Queen manager and employee of two and a half years, says, “The summer blizzards bring in the most customers.” As the temperature increases, so does people’s desire for Dairy Queen blizzards. Bross commented on how blizzards are more popular than other menu items. “We sell the most Brownie Batter,” Bross explained after being asked which current seasonal blizzard is the most popular. The blizzard flavors that sell the least are Cotton Candy and Picnic Peach Cobblers. “Kids get Cotton Candy, and older people get the Peach Cobbler,” Bross further elaborates. Bross’s favorite, and the one she recommends most, is Brownie Batter; she also likes the flavor of Frosted Animal Cookie.

Jenna Gagliardi, a Dairy Queen customer, visits Dairy Queen once every two months. Normally, Gagliardi orders chocolate soft serve, but the new seasonal blizzards caught her attention. After being asked if seasonal blizzard flavors make her want to go more, Gagliardi responded, “Yeah, I went right after this season’s came out because I wanted to try the Ultimate Cookie.” Gagliardi says about the new blizzard, “I loved it; it was so good.” Her overall experience was “efficient, and the ice cream was good,” she continued. Gagliardi visits the location in Dublin, PA. Gagliardi would like to try the Cotton Candy if she were to go soon. While Bross said cotton candy is more common among kids and is one of the lesser-purchased flavors, it is still something customers are willing to try.

Diary Queen blizzards aren’t the only menu item that might appeal to customers as summer approaches and temperatures rise. Soft serve cones, sundaes, banana splits, and other frozen treats are also served. However, blizzards bring in the most people, especially with seasonal flavors. Seasonal flavors provide something new, surprising, and enjoyable for Dairy Queen customers, new and old.

Sources:

https://www.dairyqueenfranchising.com/?_gl=1*1ue8p8f*_ga*MTk0NzMxMzUxNi4xNzEyNzYwNTAy*_ga_8LX1P836HD*MTcxMjc2MDUwMS4xLjEuMTcxMjc2MDg2My4wLjAuMA
https://www.dairyqueen.com/en-us/menu/treats/blizzard-treats/