The Penndulum

The Student News Site of Pennridge High School

Breaking News
  • June 6Check out our final articles of the 23-24 school year! Have a great summer! See you in September!

The Penndulum

The Penndulum

Hop Your Way Into SkyZone

Natalie Duminiak
Nicholas Katits is standing outside of SkyZone in Chalfont, Pennsylvania.

If you want a fun place to go with friends, host a party, or even want to wrap up the school year, go check out SkyZone. SkyZone has 300 global locations and each one consists of many different attractions, such as freestyle jump, ninja warrior course, sky climb, and air courts. SkyZone is the world’s largest developer, operator, and franchisor of trampoline and active entertainment parks. Their goal is to provide everybody with the chance to be themselves and still be kids at heart. SkyZone provides many different types of sessions. They have general admissions, all-day passes, and memberships. When you have a membership, there are times when only members can jump, and sometimes you can bring a friend for free. The all-day passes allow you to pay $35 to jump for as long as you would like. Each option has its own perks.

The weekends are typically busier than the weekdays due to events and parties that are taking place. Christopher Geib, a former SkyZone employee, mentioned, “Friday night from 7-10 that’s our GLOW time, and all the middle schoolers/teenagers would love it. We’re very busy.” Every Friday night, SkyZone hosts a GLOW night. They do a blacklight transformation that includes lasers and music. This event is for ages 8 and older. This event typically attracts lots of teenagers and is an event that many kids want to attend. Among the GLOW events, SkyZone hosts many birthday parties. On average, there are around 120 parties per month. Saturdays are the most popular day, normally having around 20 parties and Sundays having around 10.

When it comes to the available programs, SkyZone provides sensory hours and a Little Leapers program. The sensory hours are used to provide a calmer and quieter jumping environment. This is a great opportunity for those with special needs. During the sensory hours, SkyZone wants to make everyone feel included and provide a place to have fun. While having designated times for people with special needs, they also provide times for kids under the age of 5 years old. This program is designed to allow parents and their young kids to enjoy jumping while engaging with kids of a similar age. According to SkyZone’s website, the event will help kids learn about sharing, teamwork, and social skills. There is not a large difference in the number of kids that attend the Little Leapers program and normal jumping hours. Overall, it’s a good way for young kids to feel included and be a part of the fun.

Beyond the events, parties, and programs, SkyZone also provides fundraisers. These fundraisers can be for any type of group or event. Nevertheless, Siani Lucena, one of the workers, stated that SkyZone’s most common types of fundraisers are for schools and occasionally some church groups. When planning a fundraiser at SkyZone, all you need to do is pick a date and time. When that day arrives, 20% of ticket sales from the event will be donated to your organization. Our school participated in one of SkyZone’s fundraisers. This was to help our Wizard of Oz theater production that was going to be held in April of the year 2022. This fundraiser helped raise money for the set pieces and costumes. Although the kids were there to raise money for the fundraiser, they were still provided an opportunity to have an enjoyable experience with their friends.
As a whole, SkyZone is a company that strives to accommodate everyone who wants to jump around and have a good time. Not only does SkyZone serve as a social business, but it also helps serve those in the community.

Sources:
https://www.springfreetrampoline.com/blogs/beyond-the-bounce/trampoline-park-injury-statistics
https://www.skyzone.com/
https://www.bswhealth.com/blog/why-trampolines-may-be-more-dangerous-than-you-think#:~:text=Trampolines%20pose%20several%20safety%20risks,head%20injuries%20and%20even%20paralysis.