The Penndulum

The Student News Site of Pennridge High School

Breaking News
  • April 18Check out The Daily Ramble linked below for important information on our RAMS Block trial next week!

The Penndulum

The Penndulum

Farm to Toast in its New Location Helps Bring More Community to Dublin

An interior view of Farm to Toast, one of the shops at The Square in Dublin, PA.

In our communities, there are many places where most go to hang out. Some include restaurants, parks, and friends’ houses. One of the popular spots are cafes, which are beneficial for a multitude of reasons, such as studying for upcoming exams, hanging out with friends on the weekend, and providing a meeting place for those who do business. One of the most popular cafes in Dublin, PA, is Farm to Toast. This cafe is located in the shops near the Square, which opened back in 2021. Their mission is to be a wellness cafe that offers many healthy options that are considered to be gluten-free, vegan, and organic. They specialize in many different types of food options that include gourmet toasts, smoothies, salads, acai bowls, and various coffees and teas. Their most popular menu options are egg salad toast, Toast Flight, and Avocado Toast. They also have a calming environment, which helps ease the stress of life. They are open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily except for Monday.

Even though Farm to Toast has been around for about three years now, it moved locations last year to where it is now in the Square, and it is under new management. According to Stacy Salvatori, owner/manager of Farm to Toast, “Space was a huge part of it. The new location has a significantly larger kitchen, so there is more space for us to utilize. Another factor is accessibility and visibility in the community. Before you had to be looking for us, but now we can be the central hub in the community.” These factors helped to determine the move to a more prominent spot in the community. This way, more people can come in and get food at the establishment since it is in a central location. Another reason that the move of locations has been a huge benefit is the environment it has created in the community. Salvatori also expressed, “We’ve seen a slow increase for sure. We’ve picked up a lot of customers who weren’t necessarily coming to Farm to Toast. They weren’t necessarily seeking us out to discover us.” Overall, because of the move-in location, those who originally didn’t seek out Farm to Toast are now coming to their newer location because it’s in the heart of Dublin Square.

The new management is another factor contributing to the great atmosphere. Employees enjoy where they work due to the great respect they have for their higher-ups. According to Anna Salvatori, who is an employee at Farm to Toast, the working environment is “Fun! It’s very relaxed and conversational. It’s a fun place to be, even as an employee!” This shows that it is even an enjoyable experience for the employees. Enjoying what you do is a vital aspect of being successful in your work and keeping a good atmosphere for the customers.

Overall, compared to other cafes in the area, Farm to Toast is considered to be not only the cheapest but also the healthiest option compared to others, like Rise and Grind Cafe in Perkasie, PA. Their meal options range from $8.95 to $13.95, which is about $1.05 less than Farm to Toast’s most expensive option. However, Farm to Toast has more options that are great for those with dietary restrictions. This is a great way to spend an afternoon, whether it’s studying, hanging out with friends, or drinking coffee, tea, and smoothies with friends. You can do all those things at Farm to Toast!