BIG Burgers at The Burger Shop

Emma George, Staff Writer

At 162 N Main St. in Souderton, burgers are cooked up from 11:00 in the morning until 9:00 at night every day of the week. The Burger Shop is the best new quick stop in Souderton. With 4 stars on Yelp, and 4.9 stars on Google Reviews, people near and far love the new restaurant. Since the restaurant opened about two and a half months ago, it has been a delicious place to stop.

According to one of the cooks, and Pennridge High School Graduate, at The Burger Shop, Nate Hessler, “It’s very personable and we try to make it a lot of fun for each and every single guest.” That shows while there, the employees are friendly and eager to help with whatever is needed. Out of all the reviews about The Burger Shop, the large majority are shining. One customer in particular was very happy, Payton Moore, has gone to The Burger Shop three times since the opening. She gave her order to me this time, “Typically, I order the vegetarian burger on the brioche bun with pickles. I also get a side of truffle fries,” she said.

With all of the choices The Burger Shop offers, it is hard to choose. The menu allows the consumer to choose everything they want, including how healthy they hope to be. The Burger Shop offers many different options.

The diner starts by choosing between three patties, the beef burger, chicken burger, or beyond burger as they call it, which is a vegetarian option. Then, the bun, a brioche bun, a smart bun, or make it an organic salad bowl. There are three cheese choices, American, aged cheddar, or pepper jack. As the burger gets bigger, sauce is next. They offer 14 different sauces for the consumer to pick from. Then last but not least, toppings. For free toppings, they offer four options, raw onion, bibb lettuce, pickles, and tomato. Also available for 50 cents are, sliced avocado, jalapeños, red peppers, sweet peppers, and caramelized onions. It continues with one dollar topping options, smoked apple bacon, mushrooms, and cage free egg. All the toppings allow for a very large burger.