Donate to Pennridge FISH

Oliver Smith, Student Writer

During the tough times the world is going through right now, communities need help everywhere. People are losing jobs, loved ones, and much more. Helping the community is always something that Pennridge FISH has done. Pennridge FISH is an organization that has helped the Pennridge community in many different ways. The acronym “FISH” stands for Fellowship in Serving Humanity. Pennridge FISH says that the mission of the organization is to serve the community and help those in need. Throughout the years they have been successful with that.

FISH has been providing food, clothing and one-time emergency financial assistance for necessary utility bills and security deposits to low income households within the Pennridge School District since 1972. FISH is a non-profit organization made up of volunteers to help anyone within the community that is in need. FISH is registered with the Pennsylvania Department of State as a charitable organization. Clients may visit the website for information on the organization. The hours of operation for the food pantry are 3-5 pm on Monday and Wednesday, 6-8 pm on Thursday, and 9-11 am on Friday and Saturday. Clients must fill out an application and supply documentation indicating their residence in Pennridge and providing their needs. 

One thing that FISH has been recently working on is raising money for a walk-in freezer. Recently FISH has been trying to raise enough money to build a walk in freezer for people in need of food. Volunteers at Pennridge FISH were interviewed about how FISH has helped the community. “The community has helped beyond expectations” said Harry, a volunteer at FISH. He went on to say “The fundraising has been phenomenal, over half a million pounds of food donated by the community. It’s awesome to have the community involved. It’s logical, tangible, and worthwhile.” Another volunteer, Angela Trotter said “Everything comes around full circle.  10 years ago, I was the one receiving food from Pennridge FISH and now I’m volunteering myself.” 

Overall Pennridge FISH has done a great job serving the community and being there for people in need. If you would like to donate to FISH, you can go to their website or go to 800 W Chestnut St, Perkasie, PA.