The Penndulum

The Student News Site of Pennridge High School

Breaking News
  • April 18Check out The Daily Ramble linked below for important information on our RAMS Block trial next week!

The Penndulum

The Penndulum

Cedar Union Opening

Cedar Union
Brian Spratt
Cedar Union

Cedar Union Cafe opened at 1400 Easton Road, Riegelsville, PA, on March 5, 2024, debuting a local coffee shop to sell teas, coffees, food, and clothing apparel. Brain Spratt, the owner of Locals Pizzeria and now Cedar Union Cafe, offers an excellent time for his customers, selling organic, eco-friendly, sustainable, and compostable products. With opening hours from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays, Cedar Union is closed on Mondays for its workers.

Before Cedar Union Cafe arrived in the Riglesvillie community, locals knew the space once belonged to Holistic Vibes, an organic food shop known for its wholesale ventures, festival vending locations, and retail location. With plans to relocate, Brian Spratt took ownership of the space to create Cedar Union Cafe. With previous experience in business, Brian Spatt is excited about new business ventures and apparel. With a focus on comfort clothing, hoodies, and shirts are 100% made with cotton for their exterior and interior, with 80% cotton and 20% polyester to ensure a comfy, snug feel that claims to keep you warm during the colder days of winter. Clothing is customized for customers instead of bulk orders to help reduce overproduction and waste. With pricing ranging from $19.99 to $42.00, customers can place online clothing orders or at the retail location in Riglesvillie.

With about nine years of experience owning and running a business, owner Brian Spratt describes the creation of Cedar Union Cafe as building equity for him and his family. “Cedar Union was created out of an act of future insecurity due to the Covid-19 pandemic. When the government started to shut down restaurants, we were unsure if our restaurants would be shut down. So, I started Cedar Union as an online coffee subscription company for extra income. We were lucky because we didn’t need to because we were labeled as essential,” he says. With previous experience in owning Locals Pizzeria, Brain Spratt credits some of the success of his business to creating a positive experience for his customers and wanting them to continue purchasing at his restaurants. He believes in a relentless execution to complete every task to the highest ability, saying, “The most important step is to set up systems for the staff to know their job description and how to do the job they are hired to do.”

Cedar Union Cafe offers its customers many food and beverage options, with favorites being their customizable breakfast sandwiches. Many locals experiment with the menu; Maya Lomax says their favorite item is their breakfast sandwiches, saying, “They are you good!! I also love how much you can personalize each menu.” With different lunch and breakfast menus, customers have the flexibility of different options and opportunities to choose from breakfast sandwiches and waffles to salads, soups, and customizable savory sandwiches.

Many locals have expressed interest in the new cafe shop to provide a safe, cozy feeling while drinking coffee, tea, and other consumable goods for its customers. Intending to create a positive space and environment for the Riglesvillie community, we recommend trying the new Cedar Union Cafe for enjoyment or support for our community.

Sources:
https://www.localspizza.com
https://www.cedarunion.com