How-To: Easy Cinnamon Rolls

Kelly Roland, Student Writer

Ingredients:

• Pillsbury dough
  • (optional) extra cinnamon and sugar
  • Icing 
  • Chocolate Chips (optional)
  • Melted butter
  • Red and/or green sprinkles (optional)

Steps:

• Preheat oven to 375 °F, grease a large pan
  • Powder your countertop and lay the dough out on the table
  • Create cinnamon sugar mix in a bowl and sprinkle onto dough until fully covered 
  • Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut dough into approximately 8 (or as many as you can make each 1-1.5 inches in width) equal sized, vertical strips.
  • Starting from the bottom of each dough strip, tightly roll all the way to the top. Place each roll on its side on the pan so they bake into the shape of a classic cinnamon roll 
  • When each roll is on the pan, brush melted butter on each roll and sprinkle on a top coat of cinnamon sugar before placing into the oven. (sprinkle on chocolate chips during this step if you’d wish to.)
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes
  • After 5-10 minutes of cooling, pour icing onto each roll
  • (Optional) Add holiday sprinkles!

From my personal experience, this recipe is easy, fun and a great activity to do with family and friends during the holiday season. If each cinnamon roll is too big or you want to get the most out of the dough, you can cut each cinnamon roll in halves or quarters when they come out of the oven. They won’t look as appealing, but you will be able to share them with more people this way! Also, make sure to periodically check how they’re baking rather than just taking them out after 20-25 minutes. This ensures that you won’t burn your batch! Remember, don’t be stingy with the icing or chocolate chips. People love extra chocolate and icing…especially around the holiday season! These homemade cinnamon rolls are a staple to have around the holiday season, and can be personalized in so many different ways! I hope this recipe helps, and have fun!!(: