The Heart of Mini-THON

Mini-THON, a fundraising event dedicated to conquering childhood cancer. Year after year, Pennridge High School is proud to donate thousands of dollars raised from the community to the Four Diamonds charity. I am sure that you known a family member, or friend who has had, or currently has cancer. Maybe you have even attended Mini-THON. Not only is this an event to raise money, but it brings people together to support a bigger cause and to give back.

In 2018, Pennridge High School was able to donate $62,050.83 to Four Diamonds. Kaylee Yeager, member of Mini-THON club, started when she was a freshman and is proud to be a part of such an amazing club that supports a bigger cause. Yeager says, “I love seeing everyone come together to see the amount raised, and the impact of just our school alone. Hearing just how much of an impact the money has brings me so much happiness”. She has also attended Mini-THON Summit, a high school event that combines schools from Pa. and some from N.J.. When Yeager attended Summit in 2019, the grand total was over $7 million!! 

Mei Lin McWilliams, currently a senior at Plymouth White Marsh High School, participated in their school event in 2019 and says, “even though are school is smaller, it is nice to know that we still make a difference and can contribute to such a worthy cause”. They were able to raise a little under $20,000. Due to the Coronavirus, McWilliams has been unable to participate in the event for the past two years, but is hopeful for Mini-THON 2021.

Cancer is the leading cause in children more so than any other disease. Kaylee Yeager and Mei Lin McWilliams are only two of millions of students who contribute to fighting and one day ending childhood cancer.