Everything to do at Freddy Hill Farms

Klay Edsall

Teenagers playing mini golf at Freddy Hill

As the sun comes out and the weather gets warmer, we all want to spend more time outside. One popular way to do that is to visit Freddy Hill Farm in Lansdale. Freddy Hill has so much to offer, with various games and activities to enjoy. It is primarily a dairy shop but includes other small things and activities such as ice cream, ice cream cakes, two mini golf courses, batting cages, a driving range, and golf lessons. Freddy Hill has established itself as a crucial part of the social life in the surrounding areas and is a very popular place to go to spend time with family and friends. “It’s the best one around here.” Ade Paci, a student at Pennridge High School, says.

Mini golf might be the most popular activity at Freddy Hill and is one of the things it is most known for. Freddy Hills provides affordable pricing after 5 p.m.; the price is $8 for adults and $4 for children. On weekdays before 5 p.m., pricing is $6 for adults and $3 for children. At Freddy Hill, adult pricing starts when a child is over the age of five. Waterfront Adventure and Discover America are the names of the two courses available at the Fun Center. Waterfront Adventure has four water features, including waterfalls and rivers. This course is also handicap accessible. On the other hand, Discover America is known for each hole being designed and named after a different landmark in America. As a bonus, at each hole, you get to read about each one! With both courses being such great options, there is no doubt you will want to play through both.

Freddy Hill is also very well known for its ice cream. In fact, when the business opened in 1972, it started off as a family dairy store run by the Seipt family. This family comprised Fred and Joanne and their three sons, Vernon, Matt, and Bill. The family learned their skills from the Penn State Creamery, which continues to be a popular creamery today. With the continuing mission to provide customers with fresh milk and dairy products, all ice cream is homemade. The Seipt family still owns Freddy Hill. However, new additions like the sit-down ice cream parlor were introduced in 1988 due to an influx of customers. In 1991 the creamery opened up the rest of its amenities, such as mini golf, and became known as Fredd’s Family Fun Center. Today, the creamery has well over 30 flavors and includes sundaes, banana splits, flurries, and milkshakes with any flavor of ice cream on the menu. They also sell the ice cream by weight to not restrict the amount of ice cream you want. “My favorite flavor is cotton candy.” Pennridge High School Student Sabrina O’Shea says.